Besides the geological and core analysis capabilities, PanTerra provides a wide range of in-house analytical services. This includes the following techniques:
- X-ray Diffraction spectrometry (XRD): Qualitative and semi-quantitative analyses of crystalline materials.
- X-ray Fluorescence spectrometry (XRF): Qualitative and quantitative analyses of elemental compositions in solid and liquid materials.
- Scanning Electron Microscopy with X-ray microanalyses (SEM-EDX): Detailed microscopic examinations in combination with qualitative and semi-quantitative analyses of elemental concentrations.
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometry (FT-IR): Identification of organic materials.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometry (ICP-AES): Quantitative analyses of elemental concentrations in fluids or soluble materials with low detection limits.
- Gas Chromatography with Mass Selective Detection (GC-MS): Qualitative and quantitative analyses of organic materials using direct identification by mass selective detection.
- Ultra Violet / Visible Spectrophotometry (UV-Vis): Quantitative analyses of a variety of constituents in liquid or soluble samples.
|- Acid and base number by color-indicator titration
- Alkalinity of waters
- Ammonia by color reaction
- Ash from petroleum products
- Asphaltenes in oil, by filtration
- Bacteria (aerobic) yeast and moulds
- Bacteria, aerobic
- Bacteria, anaerobic
- Boron in water and wastewater
- Brine analyses
- Chloride determination - argentimetric
- Congealing point of petroleum waxes
- Cyanide in water and wastewater
- Density, Specific gravity, API gravity
- Flash point by Pensky Martens closed cup tester
- Iron determination
- Kinematic viscosity of transparent and opaque liquids
- Loss on drying
- Loss on ignition
- Melting point
- Microwave digestion of aqueous solutions
- Moisture determination in bulk materials
- Nitrite in water and wastewater
- Paraffin in oil
- Paraffins/asphaltenes content of well deposits
- pH of aqueous solutions
- Phosphate by color reaction
- Solubility tests
- Specific gravity
- Strong acids content
- Sulfate by turbidity
- Sulfide in water and wastewater
- Sulphite by color reaction
- Tannin and lignin in water and wastewater
- Total dissolved solids by evaporation
- Total suspended solids by membrane filtration
- Water analyses
- Water compatibility testing
- Water content by Karl Fisher
Please contact us for information regarding analyses.