X-Ray tomography (CT scanning) is an imaging technique based on density differences. This technique enables us to reveal the internal structure of a rock sample in a non-destructive way. It can be used to inspect the core prior to un-sleeving.
- Non-destructive investigation of internal rock structures.
- Scanning of sedimentary structures, laminations and cross bedding.
- Study of fault and fracture structures.
- Penetration depth of mud filtrate in the core.
- SCAL sample screening for inhomogeneities or abnormalities prior to costly tests.